Interested in Volunteering?
Do you need volunteer hours for school? Maybe you are just looking for something meaningful to do in your community? Or, do you just love the theatre and want to be a part of all of the fun?
Northglenn Arts depends on volunteers and the important work they do. Creating memorable experiences for our patrons and participants is more than just the performance on stage – every interaction and conversation they share with you is part of that experience. Get Involved today by sending us your Volunteer Application below.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Lobby Greeter (Ages 12+ w/adult volunteer or 16+ without) The ideal NYT lobby greeter has a welcoming smile on their face, is comfortable standing front and center in the lobby before shows to greet patrons as they arrive, is available to answer questions, direct patrons to restrooms, concessions, box office and theatre entrances. You are the first impression for patrons coming to see the show.
- Ticketing Usher (Ages 12+ w/adult volunteer or 16+ without) Are you comfortable using an iPad? If you answered yes, then an NYT ticketing usher may be the right volunteer position for you! Our ticketing ushers are located at each entrance to the theatre house to ensure that all patrons have valid tickets and assist in scanning tickets and welcoming patrons to the show. After the performance is over, we ask that our ticketing volunteers assist with picking up trash in the theatre.
- Seating Usher (Ages 12+ w/adult volunteer or 16+ without) Are you someone who enjoys bringing together the final pieces of a project and assisting people who need help? You will probably love being an NYT Seating Usher in the theatre. Seating ushers, hand out programs, assist patrons in finding their seats, and ensuring that patrons are comfortable and ready to “Enjoy the show!” During Intermission we ask that our Seating ushers open and stand at the house doors directing patrons to restrooms and answer questions they may have.
- Backstage Volunteers (Ages 18+ and must complete a background check form) Do you enjoy being in the thick of it backstage? Backstage Volunteers assist with a variety of opportunities assisting the actors and creative team, during tech week, some rehearsals and performances.
- Do I need to complete a background check form?
- For Lobby Greeter, Ticketing Usher, Seating Usher & Concessions positions – NO, the background check form is not required as you are not working directly with children.
- Backstage Volunteer – YES, any volunteers working directly with children or backstage must complete background check prior to volunteering. Don’t worry, we will help you get the forms completed.
- How do I know you have my current email address to receive signup forms for volunteering opportunities?
- If you are not sure if we have your current email address on file, we recommend contacting the box office desk to update your email.
- Is there a uniform I need to wear when volunteering with NYT?
- While there is not a required uniform when volunteering, we do ask that, Lobby Greeters, Ticketing Ushers, Seating Ushers & Concessions volunteers, dress in business casual attire.
- Backstage Volunteers are welcome to wear casual wear.
- What time do I need to arrive for my volunteer shift?
- Lobby Greeter, Ticketing Usher, Seating Usher & Concessions – Call time for these volunteers is usually 1 hour prior to the performance start time but can vary. We will let you know for each show you volunteer for an exact time.
- Backstage Volunteer – You will receive additional information, as your call time is determined on specifically what you are assisting with.
- How many tickets will I receive for volunteering?
- You will receive one ticket for each shift you volunteer for. Volunteer tickets are valid for the performance you are volunteering only and are for use only by the registered volunteer and cannot be given away, transferred, or sold to another individual. The Backstage volunteer ticket will be valid for a different performance as these volunteers must work backstage during the entire performance they are volunteering for.
- Can I volunteer at any performance or event that NorthglennArts presents?
- Absolutely! We need multiple volunteers for ALL the shows and events that Northglenn Arts presents.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our team via email at NorthglennArts@Northglenn.org or during box office hours at 303.450.8888
NYT Technical Crew Experience
The Northglenn Youth Theatre (NYT) has been providing youth the opportunity to perform in professional live theatrical shows since 1994. Each year, NYT mounts six productions performed at the Parsons Theatre – three for NYT (12-18 year old performers) and three for NYT Jr. (8-12 year old performers). NYT has received numerous local and national awards, and since its inception had over 1000 participants! If you love theatre but prefer to work behind the scenes the NYT tech crew may be a great opportunity for you.
The Northglenn Youth Theatre backstage Tech Crew experience is a volunteer opportunity that allows youth participants ages 13 to 18 the opportunity to work with professionals in a hands-on environment. Participants learn some of the equipment and techniques used in the professional theatre world, giving them a complete backstage production experience. The NYT Academy Intro to Technical Theatre Class is recommended but not required.