Auditions are held at the DL Parsons Theatre inside the Northglenn Recreation Center (11801 Community Center Drive). Call 303.450.8785 for more information.
NORTHGLENN YOUTH THEATRE
Directed by Kimberly Jongejan | Musical Direction by Jeremy Kurn
Auditions for ages 8-18
- 16 – 32 bars from a children’s musical or movie ballad (bring sheet music, no acapella, accompanist provided)
- Memorized one minute monologue
- Current headshot
- Current resume
Auditions: September 4, 5 & 6 by appointment only
Callbacks: Saturday September 8 at 9 am
Fee: $125 (includes t-shirt and costume fee) payable only if cast
Rehearsals: Begins September 11
Tues/Thurs 5:30-8:30 pm
Saturday 9 am – Noon
The Honky Tonk Angels Holiday Spectacular
The Northglenn Players will hold auditions for the musical comedy production of The Honky Tonk Angels Holiday Spectacular by Ted Swindley (Always…Patsy Cline). Auditions for adults (18+). Actors are paid a stipend.
- Sue Ellen Smith Barney Fife – a citified country girl in her late 30’s. She is sexy, confident, and currently running her own nail salon and “beauty business” in Los Angeles.
- Charilee Chess – a larger-than-life African-American woman in her forties, originally from Detroit. She works with Sue Ellen in her nail salon. She is fun and very earthy, with a big gospel voice. She is also somewhat psychic. She is the widow of “Tubby Chess,” a legendary soul singer.
- Darlene Purvis – A young country singer in her late 20’s, she is currently trying to “make it” in Nashville. She is pretty and naive. She is originally from the hills of Appalachia, but grew up in the Mississippi Delta.
- Angela Bodine – A Texas housewife in her 30’s. She is full of fun. She is VERY pregnant with twins – due any time.
- 32 bars from an up-tempo ballad
- 1-2 minute monologue – comedic encouraged
- Bring a current headshot and resume to the audition
Auditions: September 30 by appointment only
Callbacks: October 1
Rehearsals: TBD beginning late November
Performance opportunities for adults are available though Northland Chorale. The Northland Chorale auditions adults year-round for musical revues rolex replica. Check their website for more information.
Northglenn Youth Theatre, Northglenn Players, and The Northland Chorale are funded, in part, through the Scientific & Cultural Facilities District (SCFD) and the Adams County Cultural Council.