The City of Northglenn built a new recreation center, senior center and theater that replaced the 44-year-old building. This project was part of the larger Civic Center Master Plan. The facility opened October 10, 2021.
- 340-seat state-of –the-art proscenium theatre
- Theatre lobby and bar
- Rehearsal room
- Large dressing rooms, solo rooms, and green room
- Loading dock and shop
- Adjacent multi-purpose community rooms
- Catering kitchen
Recreation and Senior Features
- Senior Center
- Preschool area
- Indoor basketball courts
- Family, women and men’s locker rooms
- Six-lane lap/competition swimming pool
- Warm-water leisure pool
- Water slide
- Sun deck
- Party room
- Jogging track
- Weights area
- Two fitness studios
- The new facility is directly west of the current City Hall, along Interstate 25.
- Construction is expected to cost $53 million.
- The debt service was paid from:
- The 2 percent marijuana tax
- ½ percent sales tax
- Annual $1.7 million general fund transfer
- Certificates of participation
- Taxes will NOT be raised to build the new facility.
- 2016 – The city began discussions for a new Civic center Master Plan, the recurring message the public gave us was the desire for a new recreation center/senior center/theatre.
- September 2017 – February 2018 – Public input process for whether people would want a new facility, and if so, what would they like included in it.
- October 2017 – April 2018 – An advisory group made up of residents, patrons, staff and consultants, met to put together an initial plan for the size, scope and amenities for a possible new center.
- April 9, 2018 – City Council approves the final report and recommendations for the new facility.
- October 2018 – Council approves Barker Rinker Seacat as the design team.
- Fall 2018 through 2019 – Continued public and staff input collected that will be used to help craft a final design.
- March 11, 2019 – Council approved FCI Constructors as the general manager/general contractor.
- March 18, 2019 – Council accepted the schedule design, allowing the project to move into the design development phase.
- 2019 – Construction began
- Oct 2021 – Grand Opening
VIDEO TOUR at mid-point of construction of the new Recreation Center, Senior Center and Theatre.
- Barker Rinker Seacat (Consultant, Architect)
- Semple Brown (Consultant)
- FCI Constructors (General Manager/General Contractor)