October 6 at 6:30 pm
DL Parsons Theatre
The Denver Municipal Band will be performing a FREE show at the DL Parsons Theatre with the Northglenn High School Choir. Don’t miss an opportunity to see this professional 17-piece ensemble in the intimacy of our 300-seat theater. The concert will focus on patriotic themes between both the band and the choir.
This is a ticketed event but tickets are free! Seating is first-come, first-served.
Did you know the Denver Municipal Band is the oldest concert band in the United States?
- It was founded in the late 1860s by Alex Sutherland
- Originally constituted as the GAR Post Band and performed early municipally funded concerts
- The band’s name was changed to Denver Municipal Band in 1891
- The Band has always been fully professional
- In addition to live public performances, the Band broadcast nationally on KOA and the Armed Services Network